Vaping: ‘I didn’t know that’ – Part B
LEAD PDA, NSW Western Sydney Health, and Hawkesbury Council invite you to join us for an upcoming interactive workshop on vaping and its effects on young people.
This 2-hour workshop targets young people and their case workers/youth services support to create a safe space for them to engage in conversations around vaping – similar to the first session is around longer term health effects (more from taking up vaping on its own and not as a smoking cessation device), laws, what help is there, and ability to ask questions they don’t feel comfortable speaking with peers about.
This session will cover:
- What is vaping or e-cigarette and how does it work?
- Do you know what you’re vaping?
- Health effects of vaping or e-cigarettes
- Addictive nature of nicotine in e-cigarettes
- Signs to know you’re addicted to vaping or e-cigarettes
- Why is vaping appealing to young people?
- Common myths about vaping or e-cigarette
- How do I say NO to a vape or e-cigarette?
- Is it legal to sell vapes or e-cigarettes to under 18 years old (reporting?
- How to seek support
Western Sydney Local Health District has been leading the delivery of positive health choices and will deliver this workshop. They have worked with diverse community groups in health promotion and prevention and has developed, evaluated and managed research projects in immunisation, asthma, healthy lifestyle, prevention of obesity, smoking prevention and Aboriginal health.
LEAD, ph (02) 9620 6172 or email email@example.com