Therapeutic Self Care
You are invited to this experiential based self-care workshop that interweaves theoretical underpinnings of neurobiology with practical body-based activities to inform nervous system regulation and personal nurturing practices.
Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity to increase your understanding of the activation and suppression of arousal responses as well as the relaxation and repair responses.
Create a personalised daily self-care toolkit and a holistic self-care plan using the mind-body connection.
- Develop an understanding of the mind-body connection and its importance in sustaining wellness while working with vulnerable clients and communities;
- Increased practical tools to engage the relaxation and repair response to reduce experiences of toxic stress, burnout, vicarious trauma and compassion fatigue;
- Develop reflective practice insights and increase in skills around identifying our personal arousal systems and sensory/body based experiences, and
- Demonstrated ability to create a holistic self-care plan.
Things to bring to this online session (not a requirement to complete the course but provides an added level of experiential learning for body-based regulation techniques):
- Towel or blanket
- Cushion or bolster
- Candle and lighter/mates
- Small variety of scents (can be oils, sprays or physical items) e.g. coffee beans, vanilla essence, citrus fruits, flowers such as lavender/ camomile
- Heat pack
Who should attend this workshop?
LEAD Affiliate Members
Alys McLennan is a is a Child and Family Trauma Specific Therapist, Hatha Vinyasa yoga teacher, and social worker specialising in children, young people,adults and families who have experiences of trauma, abuse, out of home care and the child protection system. Alys has worked in the out of home care and trauma therapy field since 2013 and is a NSW Victims Services registered counselling social worker. Prior to that, she worked at one of Sydney’s main disaster hospitals in front line and managerial positions within the Switchboard
and Mental Health Departments. These combined experiences provided Alys with a multi-layered perspective of healing from acute crisis through to longer term therapeutic support. Alys has also provided state and National wide training courses that have focussed on therapeutic recovery, neurobiology of trauma, group programs, therapeutic care, self care and holistic wellbeing.
LEAD, ph (02) 9620 6172 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave A Comment