This eLearning course describes the skills and knowledge required to recognise and respond to the needs of people who are experiencing loss, grief and bereavement.
This 1-hour eLearning course will cover:
- Models explaining the complex process of loss and grief
- Types and stages of grief
- Children and grief
- Risk factors associated with complicated grief
- Bereavement and grief support strategies
- Various frameworks will be utilised to deepen the understanding of the nature and impact of loss experiences in people’s lives. Loss and grief will be considered beyond bereavement (death-related) situations so that some appreciation is developed of the range of losses that affect potential clients.
- Practical strategies and steps to Prevent Suicide
- Communication Strategies and guidelines around empathy
- Cultural considerations and things to address
This eLearning course is for Community sector professionals including managers, team leaders, individual and peers support workers, caseworkers, counsellors, social workers, community development workers and other practitioners who directly support vulnerable children, individuals, families, and communities.
Leave A Comment