Hello and welcome to our Professional Development for Teachers page! We are proud to be a Registered and Endorsed provider of Professional Development for NSW Teachers through the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA). For more than thirty years we have been facilitating Professional Development and training workshops, seminars, forums, conferences and other events for people working with and supporting children, youth, families and communities. During this time we have established an enviable reputation for providing high-quality learning opportunities that are evidence-based, facilitated by subject-matter experts are cost-effective and delivered locally.
If you are a ‘Proficient Level’ Teacher, you will know that you have to undertake 100 hours of Professional Development within a 5-year block in order to maintain your accreditation. Of that 100 hours, 50 hours must be delivered by an Endorsed Provider. LEAD is your one-stop shop for a wide range of Professional Development opportunities that will build on your knowledge and experience and enhance your classroom effectiveness.
Registering for one of our Professional Development events is as easy as 1, 2, 3:
- Visit our website: www.leadpda.org.au and click on EVENT Registration on the top right corner.
- Complete the online registration form, including your eTAMS account number. You will receive a confirmation email and invoice. You can pay the invoice directly or forward to your school’s Accounts Department (depending on your school’s process). We will even send you a SMS reminder a few days before the event.
- Log onto your eTAMS account and complete the NESA registration.
All done! Ready to register? CLICK HERE
We are curating our range of topics to ensure we cover off the three domains of teaching:
Professional Knowledge, Professional Practice, and Professional Engagement.
All of our Professional Development opportunities have had their learning outcomes mapped against the seven Australian Professional Standards for Teachers;
- Standard 1: Know students and how they learn
- Standard 2: Know the content and how to teach it
- Standard 3: Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
- Standard 4: Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
- Standard 5: Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
- Standard 6: Engage in professional learning
- Standard 7: Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community
This will make it easy for you to identify what standards will be covered when you are planning and selecting your Professional Development Activities.
See our current line up of Professional Development Events for Teachers – CLICK HERE
A new “Proficient Teacher Accreditation Policy” came into effect on 1 January 2018. Click here for more information.
We suggest that you become familiar with the Policy, Guidelines and Time-frames in order for you to correctly maintain your accreditation. LEAD can help you on your NSW accreditation journey through our wide range of events, assistance with the electronic Teacher Accreditation Management System (eTAMS) and ensuring your Professional Development hours are correctly recorded on eTAMS.
Can’t find what you are looking for? We would love to hear your suggestions on potential topics. Just send an email to email@example.com
LEAD is incorporated as an Association, but most of our courses, workshops, seminars and events are available to non-members as well as our members. Members of our association have access to special member-prices for most events, priority access, early notification of our events and an invitation to our “Member Only” events.
Membership is available for individual teachers and for schools. If you would like to know more about the benefits of becoming a member, call now on (02) 96206172, or email us via firstname.lastname@example.org