JOIN OUR TEAM
Are you someone with a great eye for detail and takes great pride in their work?
Do you love to plan and execute ideas but can also be flexible and shift when required?
Are you comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple tasks…in fact do you prefer it that way?
Then this might be the job for you…
About the opportunity…
As an Event Coordinator you will be responsible for coordinating (arranging, promoting & executing) high quality professional development events and meeting the needs and expectations of LEAD’s stakeholders.
You will collaborate with both staff in house and also attendees of events, facilitators and other suppliers, working closely under the supervision of the Operations Manager to ensure that LEAD’s reputation of staging high quality of events is maintained.
There is a lot to this role that needs to be completed in a timely, precise manner that contributes to the seamless, cost-effective, back-end support processes of LEAD events and workshops, including things like booking venues, trainers, organising catering, invoicing, monitoring registration numbers, scheduling events, preparing reports, date entry and providing exceptional customer service.
This is a Part-Time role at a total of 28 hours per week (excluding unpaid half-hour lunch breaks), worked over 4 days per week. One of those days need to include a Wednesday but let us know what other days suit you. Salary for this role is classified under the NSW SCHADS Award – Level 4, Pay Point 1. The office is located in Seven Hills, but this role requires regular travel to support workshops held throughout Western Sydney and Nepean/Blue Mountains, so a Driver’s License and regular access to a reliable, comprehensively insured car is necessary.
You have a qualification in Event Management or have experience in a similar role and a commitment to a career in Event Management.
You are an organised and self-motivated person, comfortable with working alone. You will appreciate the need to plan and prioritise and take pride in upholding the reputation of the organisation in your work.
You are comfortable using technology and managing all aspects that bring an event together.
You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and using your creativity and problem-solving abilities in your work, and can describe yourself as a ‘people person’.
You will be joining a friendly and professional environment with a small diverse team so you will need to relate well to others and enjoy collaboration in your work.
- Formal qualifications in Event Management (Certificate IV in Events, Diploma of Event Management or Bachelor of Business in Event Management) OR qualifications in a related field OR equivalent years in similar role
- Demonstrated experience in providing exceptional customer service experiences
- Advanced IT skills
- Demonstrated experience in juggling multiple tasks and working flexibly in a fast-paced environment, with exceptional organisational skills and the ability to prioritise a varied and busy workload
- Passion for quality through high attention to detail and a strong sense of urgency
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and able to work with minimum supervision
- Previous experience in organising professional development workshops, seminars and forums (desirable)
- Awareness of adult learning principles (desirable)
- Experience in creating engaging marketing materials (desirable)
What you’ll get in return…
- Some above Award conditions
- Opportunities for multi skilling and up-skilling
- High level of diversity in role
- Excellent working environment
The recruitment for this role is being managed by an external recruitment agency – Total Workforce Services.
Please click here to download the Information Pack (including the full Job Description), or contact them on (02) 4555 4634 for more information.
All applicants will be required to address the criteria mentioned in the dot points above.
Applications close: 9 am AEST Monday 23rd May 2022