- This event has passed.
Working Effectively with Community Diversity
February 7 @ 9:30 AM - 4:00 PM AEDT
Working Effectively with Community Diversity: Building Culturally Responsive Person-Centred Practice
This workshop will increase your ability to respond effectively to the cultural, linguistic and religious/spiritual diversity of the individuals, families and communities with whom you work through the application of culturally responsive person-centred practice.
What you will learn:
- Increased knowledge of the diversity of the communities in which you provide services;
- Increased understanding of your own attitudes towards diversity and increased skills to analyse common and individual responses to encountering diversity;
- Increased knowledge of the impact of culture on self, others, values and systems;
- Increased ability to use reflective practice and critical thinking skills to build culturally responsive and inclusive work practices;
- Increased skills for building culturally responsive person-centred practice.
Who should attend this workshop?
Liverpool Family and Children’s Services Interagency & Bankstown and Fairfield Child and Family Inter-Agencies, In Conjunction with LEAD, invite all workers supporting children and families in South West Sydney to attend this workshop to develop skills, share experiences and network with others.
Maria Katrivesis is a leading cultural competence practitioner with over 20 years’ experience in the human services sector. She is an innovative trainer, facilitator and consultant focusing on the intersection between disability and diversity. Maria has developed original tools, resources and learning programs aimed at supporting organisations to improve the way they work with diversity of their communities.
Cost: $90.+GST Morning tea and lunch provided. Please advise of special dietary needs, or other needs when you register online.
Jagvir Singh ph: (02) 9620 6172 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org