- This event has passed.
The Impact of Attachment on Childhood
March 14 @ 9:30 AM - 4:00 PM AEDT
The Impact of Attachment on Childhood: Implications for those Working with Individuals from Childhood to Adulthood
This theoretical workshop on Attachment Theory explores the impact of disrupted attachment on the emotional and social systems of children, and how this affects behaviour and relationships from childhood to adulthood. Participants will look at the impact of relational trauma on the developing brain (neuropsychology) and the importance of understanding oneself as an adult worker to allow for greater effectiveness when working with children and their families.
What you will learn:-
- An understanding of the basic framework of Attachment Theory;
- A basic understanding of the neurobiology of attachment and the impact of trauma;
- A better understanding of the impact of disrupted attachment on the emotional, social and cognitive systems of a child and how this affects behaviour and learning;
- A better understanding of how childhood attachment effects adult attachment;
- Awareness of issues for working with children with attachment disruption;
- An understanding of how to facilitate moving from the individual to the family as a secure base.
Who should attend this workshop?
Liverpool Family and Children’s Services Interagency & Bankstown and Fairfield Child and Family Inter-Agencies, In conjunction with LEAD, invite all workers supporting children and families in South West Sydney to attend this workshop to develop skills, share experiences and network with others.
Lucia Vitali is a Registered Psychologist, Certified Neuropsychotherapy Practitioner and Brain-Based Resilience Coach. Apart from her therapeutic work, she lectures extensively in the areas of Attachment Theory, Neurobiology of Attachment, Trauma and Brain Development and disruptive outcomes of relational trauma. Lucia draws together ideas from Attachment Theory, Neuropsychology, Systems Theory and Object Relations Theory to understand the complexity of intrapsychic and interpersonal difficulties and psychological movement from self to relationship. Lucia has over 20 years’ experience working with individuals of all age, couples and families.
Cost: $90+GST. Morning tea and lunch provided. Please advise of special dietary needs, or other needs when you register online.
Jagvir Singh ph: 9620 6172 or email: email@example.com