- This event has passed.
An Introduction To Working With Individuals Who Have Self-Destructive Behaviours
December 9, 2019 @ 9:00 AM - December 10, 2019 @ 4:00 PM AEDT
SAFE in Oz, in partnership with LEAD are pleased to invite you to ‘An Introduction To Working With Individuals Who Have Self-Destructive Behaviours’
[ This is a pre-requisite for the 3 day training ‘ Facilitating the SAFE in Oz Consumer Recovery Program’]
Two Day Training Workshop
Day One – Self-Destructive behaviour… what is it all about?
- What is a self-destructive behaviour?
- How do we know it is a self-destructive behaviouor?
- Why do individuals do it?
- How does it start?
- What re the triggers for the behaviour and why does it continue to happen?
Day Two – Our response to Self-Destructive Behaviour
- Meeting the needs of someone with self-destructive behaviours
- Hospitalization and associated problems
- Treatment environments and points of intervention
- Boundaries, support plans and essentials for behavioural change
- Meeting the needs of and supporting the worker
- Introduction to ‘Facilitating the SAFE in OZ Consumer Program’ – a three day facilitator training workshop
This workshop is a pre-requisite for the ‘Facilitating the SAFE in Oz Consumer Program’ – click here for more information for this 3 day course.
Registration Form can be downloaded from here: An Introduction 2 Day Workshop Registration Form 2019
Endorsed for 6 CPE points with ACWA