- This event has passed.
Domestic and Family Violence Forum Nepean Blue Mountains
June 26 @ 9:15 AM - 4:00 PM AEST
Introducing the ‘Follow My Lead’ resource.
Follow My Lead speaks from the voice of people with lived experience of Domestic and Family Violence (D&FV) who need professionals and their social networks to be more prepared to uphold dignity and build on safety. Follow My Lead is for any worker or volunteer who at some point may be listening to, and responding to, people who use their service and who are experiencing D&FV. Follow My Lead will enable you to be more prepared to respond in ways that uphold dignity and build on safety.
- Understand the Follow My Lead resource in order to strengthen your communication skills and practice when talking to those who have experienced D&FV;
- Understand how to uphold the dignity of clients whilst facilitating strategies that build on their safety; and
- Raise awareness of ways to respond to D&FV in the LGBTQI communities, and people with a lived experience of intellectual disability.
This special event is a partnership initiative of: Penrith Women’s Health Centre DFVSS, Blue Mountains Women’s Health Centre, West Connect DV Services, NSW Health, LEAD Professional Development and NSW FaCS.
- Insight Exchange Team – Domestic Violence Service Management (DVSM)
- ACON – Kai Noonan
- Intellectual Disability Rights Service (IDRS)
$33.00 Morning tea and lunch provided.
ph 9620 6172