Empowering your employees is a great way to improve employee engagement and retainment. Employee engagement is not the same thing as employee satisfaction or happiness. It is possible to have satisfied employees, happy to show up at 9 and leave at 5 every day without fail for years but who are not at all engaged in their work.
Broadly speaking, when employees feel empowered at work, they are ‘Actively Engaged’ and more willing to:
- Go the extra mile to reach the company’s goals
- Follow best practices for improving collaboration in the workplace
- Improve their performance
- Drive effective communication in the workplace
- Embrace changes such as digital transformation or mergers and acquisitions
- Spread a positive attitude throughout the workplace
- Provide better customer service
- Drive innovation
Employee Empowerment requires:
- Professional Development in the skills necessary to carry out their responsibilities
- Access to information on which decisions can be made
- Initiative and confidence on the part of the employee to take on greater responsibility
LEAD can help to move your employees from Levels 1 and 2 to Level 3, through our Professional Development events.
View our upcoming Professional Development Online Workshops.
LEAD has introduced a range of Online Workshops, eLearning Courses and Webinars designed especially for professional development of community sector professionals. As we roll out these learning opportunities you will see some very familiar names joining our online community (such as MaryJo McVeigh, Anne Crestani, Peter Slattery and more) who will now be facilitating live and interactive online workshops. We will also be offering a range of eLearning courses that you can log on and complete at a time and day that suits you.
Increase the level of your employee’s engagement with LEAD Professional Development.